Saturday, March 25, 2006

If I leave here tomorrow...

I have always liked Lynyrd Skynyrd. However, I have always despised their hit "Freebird". Mainly because every guy who learned the guitar -- or thought he had learned guitar -- insisted on playing the song ad nauseum. With no real skill, most of the time.

However, I just watched the movie "Elizabethtown". And a single scene in the movie has brought that beloved song up from the depths of my contempt and stomach distress. It may even have wiped out all the torture of hearing "Freebird" mis-played.

Oh yeah...tomorrow, I might even rip it to my iTunes.

Dare I say it? Hooray for Hollywood! NAH! I'll wait until they redeem "Stairway to Heaven"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't see me, but I'm holding up a lighter right now.

goodwitch said...

I'll have to throw Elizabethtown into my Netflix queue. As for "If I leave here tomorrow"...it is one of my all time favs...but when I downloaded the track I realized that I prefer the Norman Clark version best of all!

I can relate to the "heard too much of a song" from boys in bands in high school. For me...that is what burnt out the Beattles songs. All except Rocky Raccoon.