Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dr Pepper -- Yeah, Baby!

It's official...I'm moving to London!

As many of you know, I have gone through considerable angst since transferring to the Boston area. Not only does the local bottler not know that Caffeine Free Dr Pepper actually is a product, but also most local merchants haven't even heard of Dr Pepper -- unless they think a berry-filled version is what normal people want.

Well, having spent less than 24 hours in London, I'm ready to say that I want to live here! From the convenience store in Terminal 4 at Heathrow Airport to the one at Victoria Station to every small deli and store between the Station and Parliament and on to Buckingham Palace...I have found Dr Pepper.

Okay, so the British Dr Pepper tastes similar to the Dublin version -- a little flatter and sweeter, as if they're using real sugar like they do in Dublin, TX. And I prefer the bite of the more prevalent DP.

But- but- it's DP in quantity! Really. It's not a single row buried among swaths of Coca-Cola Zero and Berry Dr Pepper. Some delis even had multiple rows.

OMG! I'm not in London. Something must have happened during those 10 minutes I managed to snooze on the flight, and now I'm somewhere else. An alternate reality: the Michelle London.

Hmmm, I wonder if designer shoes cost less than $20 and can pack down into a credit card sized package...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not know when this was posted, but i found this looking at the uk dr pepper logo for comparison reasons and i am glad to see another dr pepper enthusiast, ive been in Poland for my summer and i have not seen any dr pepper, exept for one store right before my departure back to england, and honestly, life without the Doctor would be... unpleasent (i have gone 2 months without the lifegiving nectar)

Anonymous said...

(Oh was it posted today? I wasnt sure because it only showed the time, i just stimbled upon the website so idk how it works)